Wednesday, January 21, 2009

banana pudding

Tonight I embarked on a banana pudding journey for a class surprise, courtesy of southernfood.about.com

Ingredients:

* 1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding, (6 ounces)
* 2 1/2 cups cold milk



* 1 can sweetened condensed milk, (14 ounces)
* 1 container whipped topping, (16 ounces)


* sliced bananas
* vanilla wafer cookies

My notes are in italics.

"Preparation:
Mix pudding and milk; add condensed milk. Blend well; fold in half the whipped topping.

I have not made pudding since 1995, so I did not vigilantly stir the pudding mix and milk as they heated up in a saucepan; thus, there are flecks of burnt sugar in the pudding (and not in the sexy Toscanini's way). Similarly to my method of putting together furniture, I neglected to read directions and forgot to include whipped topping in this step. I also rushed the chilling stage a bit and am hoping it solidifies overnight.

Alternate layers of pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers; top with remaining whipped topping and a few banana slices.



Armed with the biggest tupperware I could find, considering that our biggest ones were filled with either grapes or tomato sauce, I did this step satisfactorily.



Refrigerate overnight before serving."

Note to self: Must get better lighting and learn to make my pictures look as enticing as SteamyKitchen's!

Note to self, post-eating leftover pudding ingredients...this is seriously sweet enough to kill a baby elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment