Friday, January 9, 2009

Pasta Salad a la Left Overs

new pasta salad I created....it was really goooooood, and I made it from random left overs and random salad stuff

small pasta: mini shells or bowtie.
arugula
carrots
purple onion
baby peas
parmesan
bacon
green peppers
cubed chicken (i used left over roasted chicken - just one drum stick)
salt/pepper
olive oil
chipotle mayo (optional - I used 1 teaspoon)

1. Boil water for the pasta.
2. chop veggies into about the same size as pasta.

**all veggies chopped up should be about double the size of the amount of dried pasta
I used 2 hand fulls of arugula-coarse chop, ~10 baby carrots (i actually chopped them into short strips), one slice of purple onion, 1/2 green pepper (more like these http://www.farmerfred.com/images/spanishspice2.jpg but not spicy), and hand full of cooked peas. You can adjust the veggies to your liking...my choices were dictated by what i had left over in the fridge.**

3. mix veggies together with oliveoil, salt, pepper, grated cheese (2 spoonfuls), and mayo
4. mince 1 slice of bacon, cook in pan with the cubed chicken (heats it up), add to mix.
5. once the pasta is cooked, drain, add to mix, and enjoy.

the heat from pasta/chicken wilts everything and its good hot and cold.
I made enough for dinner and lunch for both Los and I.
yay for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment