Tuesday, February 3, 2009
ChickPeas (Part 3 of 3): Falafel Patties
For my last trick I shall make falafel patties out of the remaining chick peas.
4 or 5 cups of cooked chickpeas
1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 a small onion diced
splash of hot sauce
pinch of cumin
pinch of coriander
3 teaspoons of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
cucumber yogurt tzatziki sauce(optional)
1. Blend the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and spices in a food processor.
2. heat a pan with some canola oil
3. form the patties with your hands like you are making burgers
4. pan fry it in the pan for about 5 minutes, flip, and cook until both sides are toasted and golden.
5. eat it folded between some pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
I haven't made up all the falafel mixture so I dont know how many it will make. My guess is about 15 little patties. I ate three in a sitting. haha